Tuesday, April 20, 2010

The Quest for boots has ended...

Today I'm really excited because I was finally able to go out of town to a Fire Supply store (United Fire) and buy some steel-toed boots that fit me and are legit! I also was able to get some navy blue workpants that fit! Hallelujah! I've been a Fire Explorer at our fire station for about 5 months now, and nothing they have ever fits me because I'm so much smaller than everyone else, and I'm one of only a few girls. So the quest has ended... $129.00 later...but I'm really pleased with the price.

Now I just need to break them in a little. Next drill isn't until monday, so I've got some time!

~*~
Completely unrelated, I also am excited because I got to go over to the home of some friends late today and have dinner and visit. I haven't really gotten to spend a lot of time with them, and so it was really nice to talk and we're already planning to get together again sometime in the next week. I feel so blessed to have the friends and family that I do! Unfortunately, I'm also "blessed" with going to college right now, so I have to go do some homework. This blog is also a way of procrastinating, so half the time I'm on here it's probably because I should be doing coursework.

Outside Temp: 76°F

Verse of the day:
Behold, the eye of the Lord is on those who fear Him, On those who hope in His mercy.
Psalm 33:18

No comments:

Post a Comment