Tuesday, January 1, 2013

Welcome 2013


So it's pretty obvious from my post record that I am not a very consistent blogger, but seeing as it's New Years Day I feel that a post is in order to welcome 2013 and take some time to reflect on 2012. I have to say, 2012 was a good year. Looking back I can see that I have a multitude of things to be thankful for, and I'm excited to move forward into the new year from where 2012 left off.

Some 2012 highlights for me: 
- Living on Kauai for 3 1/2 months studying the Word of God in the Spring Semester at KBC!
- Getting to visit Northern California with my best friend. I almost froze to death, but it was an adventure!
- Surviving another hot Arizona summer!
- Getting a job at the local newspaper, where I now work full-time doing merchandising/marketing! I absolutely love my job and the people I get to work with.
- Making it through another college semester and still managing to keep my 4.0. Praise God!
- Buying a '97 Ford Explorer. It's so nice being able to take myself (and others) places!
- Meeting new people, deepening existing friendships, and just enjoying the random moments of life!

Looking forward... 
So I've never really been a big New Years Resolution person, mostly because every year seems to always end up the same. It's always such a big hype at the beginning: People start out pumped up and with a list of goals, and at first things go great...but 12 months is a long time and motivation can sometimes have a shorter lifespan. Also life happens. But what the heck - it's still fun to make goals and have something to look forward to, so here's some of my hopes/goals for the new year!

In 2013 I am going to: 
- Read 50 books. Last year I barely got any good reading in, and I want this year to be better (I'd love to say 100 books, but I'll start with 50).
- Exercise 5 days a week. This can be going for a walk, weights, circuit training, or whatever. I just want to purposefully be logging in work-outs more consistently so I can become stronger and healthier.
- Set aside 50% of every paycheck for my future travel fund. I need to be proactive about saving, otherwise I will never get to go anywhere! Ireland is the next goal....shooting for a September trip!
- Learn how to play my little ukelele!


No comments:

Post a Comment