Monday, September 20, 2010

I'm Lovin' It


I'm not really sure if it's....right to use the McDonald's slogan to describe how I feel about working at Chick-fil-a, but it's exactly how I feel! I'M LOVIN' IT! Getting this job has been such a wonderful opportunity, and I really enjoy going to work! Not only are the people I work for nice, but the people I work with have been great too. It's a very positive, encouraging atmosphere - which is exactly where I want to be. So far I've gotten to do a little bit of everything: front register, drive-thru, dining room service, desert-making, cleaning at closing, etc.
The only place I'm not employed in is the kitchen, which I am very thankful for, seeing as I can't really cook! And definitely not at the speed that these orders come in. Making ice-creams (chick-fil-a calls them icedreams) and milk-shakes is hard enough. It seems like it would be so easy, but it actually takes some skill! It almost took me the whole night to finally be able to make a decent cone, but now I feel pretty proficient in it! So...altogether I've worked 4 days, which is how long the store has been open. Another GREAT thing about Chick-fil-a is it's closed on Sundays, which means I don't have to miss church to go to work! I am very excited about that, plus everyone needs a rest sometime. It's important. And I think it helps the business more than hurting it, actually, which is awesome.

So I just wanted to get the good-word out for Chick-fil-a! If you haven't tried it before, I highly recommend going in and trying our #1 combo meal to start out, or the #6 combo meal! And if you have been to a chick-fil-a before, I hope your experience was as great as a guest as mine has been as an employee. I can't wait to keep going back.


Outside Temp: 99°F
Countdown to end-0f-school semester: 83 days! (That actually doesn't sound that long!)

Verse of the Day:
"Ask, and it will be given to you; seek, and you will find; knock, and it will be opened to you."
Matthew 7:7

2 comments:

  1. Goodness, that food looks yummy!!! Glad that you're enjoying your job!! It's always great when one likes one's job.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yep, it's been awesome. And I might even be getting to have a new position soon, if all works out.

    ReplyDelete