Monday, August 16, 2010

New Room!


So while I was gone the whole summer in Africa, my family did an extreme-makeover on my room! They took out the carpet, repainted the walls, bought me this cool couch bed --- basically, they did a lot of cool stuff, and I am so grateful! It was so refreshing to be able to come home to such a beautiful, peaceful room and just relax. And now it's the perfect college study center - I have all my books and materials laid out and ready for all my classes this week!

But anyway, I just wanted to post a few pictures so you can see the new look. I wish I had a "before" picture to go with this so you could see the "old look", but I just never thought to take a picture of my room...so just know that it used to be vividly purple and just...not me at all... and now it is exactly what I've always wanted!


They even took out my closet doors and put these red curtains in! It's different but I like it! And these colors match my weight-set, which is very important. ;o)
Also I'd just like to add, I DO have two beautiful black bookshelves. Somehow they didn't make it into these photos, but they are there! They're off to the left in the first picture.

Outside Temp: 96°F
Countdown until Chick-Fil-A opens here (I had to pick something!): 31 days!

Verse of the Day:

He has shown you, O man, what is good; And what does the Lord require of you But to do justly, To love mercy, And to walk humbly with your God?
Micah 6:8

4 comments:

  1. Judithhhhhhhhhh I miss ur encouragements everyday
    Love you miss you Lacy

    ReplyDelete
  2. I miss you too Lacy! Thanks for the comment!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, your rooms looks awesome!! I don't usually like more modern rooms, but yours is very nice and open. I could relax in it, lol Love that it matches your workout set, lol Also love the curtains over the closet!! Way cool.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yes, it is a bit more "modern" looking! Normally I wouldn't go for that, but I just like how it all fell into place. And I still have a lot more that I could do with it. I put a small painting on the wall from Africa, which I like.

    I LOVE your room though - I think it's so cool from the pictures you put on your blog.

    ReplyDelete